Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Breaking news

I guess it is time to finally let the cat out of the bag. Way back in March, I was knitting booties for a friend. At the end of the month, I got one of these:




8 weeks later, we met with our perinatologist and got to see our little critter in
lots of detail.



Top view is the back of his uncooperative head. Middle is a profile. He's looking downward and you can see his brain on the right of the photo. Leg is stretching down in the bottom left hand corner and spine stretches across the top. Bottom,is a profile shot of him looking upwards and to the left side of the picture.

It is ia little boy and we are thrilled to pieces. We have as much confirmation as one can get that everything is in the right place and growing on schedule. I've had the most amazingly boring pregnancy so far....no morning sickness, no nausea, no feeling bad at all. I had a bit of fatigue in the beginning, but I've long outgrown that....and all my pants. We've been busy getting the nursery put together and I'll post pictures when the furniture starts arriving this week.

5 comments:

Sally said...

Yippee! Congratulations to you both! Can I start the Sally Grapevine on this or would you rather tell people yourself?

boxingdoc said...

Oh, it's out there for the world to see...knock yourself out!

Kathy said...

Are you sure it's a boy?? It clearly has a brain there!! :P HAHAHAHAHA ... oh I crack myself up.
CONGRATS :) I sense much roughhousing coming up.

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!

We're so excited for you and Chip!

Unknown said...

I was wondering if you were ever going to post the news on here. I had one of those "boring" pregnancies too. Never understood what everyone complains about. Piece of cake!