Pages

Friday, August 08, 2008

All the details

In case anyone really wants to know the details of our kitchen renovation:

Cabinets are maple with a hazelnut finish and no glaze.
Paint is Behr's Awning Red.
Granite is called Ivory Fantasy
Flooring is Brazilian Cherry in 3" wide planks.
Tile backsplash is Crema Marfil marble in both polished and brushed finishes.
Droplight is made of white onyx.
Venthood is Arietta, an Italian brand carried by Home Depot
Sliding glass door is by Anderson and the grilles are between the glass. (Yay for easier cleaning)
We have a Bosch dishwasher, apparently the quietest thing on the planet.
The range is a GE 30" Monogram Dual Fuel.
This whole renovation was triggered by the purchase of a Kenmore Elite Trio refrigerator.

We did hire a kitchen designer. He planned the layout of the kitchen, which was a bit limited by the space and the design of the house. After that, we were on our own picking out colors and materials, although he did point us in the direction of a really good granite place and a really good tile place. He also took care of the contractor. I really wanted to someone to do all the picking and choosing for me because: 1) I am lazy, 2) I was planning a wedding at the time, and 3) I was working a lot of extra shifts so I could have that wedding. In the end, I'm really happy with how the place looks so I guess I don't mind having done the legwork in picking out colors and such.

No comments: